About the Ambassador Program: This program was originally launched in 2006 with the aim to outreach ASPB's mission and membership to the postdoc, graduate and undergraduate student community. This goal was expanded to include greater outreach to plant scientists in industry settings in 2011 and expanded again in 2015 to include outreach to plant scientists in other settings.
The current mission of the Ambassador Program is to:
- Educate upcoming and new plant scientists about the importance of belonging to a professional society to enhance their career and be part of continuing the efforts of plant biology research.
- Expand ASPB's membership base of younger constituents and industry scientists to ensure continued growth of the community.
- Act as a liaison between the Governance of ASPB and the plant science community.
- Act as a representative of ASPB to the plant science community, the general science community and the public at large.
• Have access to meaningful networking opportunities
• Help others navigate their career as a Plant Biologist
• Educate the community about the ways ASPB can enhance careers, develop the profession and help you stay involved in plant science
• Organize plant biology ‘meetups’ on-campus
• Help to grow and strengthen the Plant Science community
• Spread the word about the importance of ASPB
• Have a voice in ASPB’s governing bodies
Meet your current ASPB Ambassadors below. For more information on our program or if you are interested in being an Ambassador, fill out an online application for consideration.
Current ASPB Ambassadors - Select a name to visit their profile
Jill Deikman - Membership Committee Chair
Post Doc Ambassadors
Joohyun Lee - blog, University of Wisconsin
Christos Noutsos - blog, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Munevver Dogramaci - USDA-ARS Fargo
Prateek Tripathi - University of Southern California
Sambasivam Periyannan - CSIRO Plant Industry, Canberra, Australia
Carl Fellbaum, South Dakota State University, Brookings, South Dakota
Narender Kumar, Louisiana State University, Baton Rouge, LA
Yao Luo, Monsanto
Graduate Student Ambassadors
Craig Schenck- University of Wisconsin-Madison
Lingxiao Ge - Bowling Green State University, Bowling Green, Ohio
Dan Browne, Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas
Stephanie Klein, Pennsylvania State University , University Park, Pennsylvania
Arif Ashraf, Iwate University, Japan
Rishi Masalia, Univeristy of Georgia
Bethany Hout, Michigan State University
Amith Reddy DeveiReddy, Univeristy of North Texas
Sunil Kumar KR, University of Nebraska - Lincoln